1. How do we collect information about you?
We collect information about you when:
- You use our website or enter information in it;
- You apply for a lease, credit or insurance or are repaying it;
- You fail to repay us your lease.
1.1. What is personal data provided by you:
- name, surname, personal identity number;
- postal and declared address;
- mobile phone number;
- employer, job title, duration of employment;
- e-mail address;
- net monthly income;
- monthly expenses;
- sources of additional income;
- details about other existing obligations;
- bank account number;
- bank account statement for the last 12 months;
- the amount of state social insurance contributions for the last 6 months;
- relation to politically exposed persons.
1.2. Information we receive about you
1.2.1. Credit history
According to the Consumer Rights Protection Law, we are obliged to evaluate your creditworthiness at the time we receive a lease application. We receive information from credit bureaus to evaluate your creditworthiness.
1.2.2. Activity on our website
To improve the quality of our services and the speed of our website and the lease process, we, together with our cooperation partners, collect anonymous cookies and store them it for maximum 12 months. This information is anonymous.
2. Why do we collect information about you?
What information and for what purposes we collect it, see here.
3. How do we analyze your data?
We make sure you are acting in good faith and evaluate your creditworthiness by automated means to issue a lease to you as soon as possible. That allows us to decide if we will issue you financing, in what amount and under what conditions. This is beneficial to you, as we can consider individual information about you and adjust the lease terms for your needs. The process described below takes about 2 working days. Unfortunately, if you do not agree with the automated decision-making procedure described below, we will not be able to evaluate your creditworthiness, calculate lease conditions and issue financing to you.
In the process of issuing a lease and determining the lease conditions, we use an algorithm by which we analyze your information according to "Consumer financing procedure" and internal credit scoring rules. If we need to refuse granting you a lease, you can ask for an explanation of the refusal as described in section 6.
If you would like to know what information we receive from credit bureaus and debtor databases, please contact information holders:
- SIA "CREFO rating", Skanstes street 50, Riga, LV-1013
- Latvijas Bankas Kredītu reģistrs, Riga, Kr. Valdemara street 1b or in the Liepaja - Teatra street 3.
- AS "Kredītinformācijas birojs", Gredu street 4a, Riga, LV-19
4. Who do we disclose your information to?
We have implemented various tools and services that facilitate our cooperation and make our communication faster. Therefore, we disclose:
- your contract and contact information to car dealers, who submitted your lease application with us;
- your name, surname, personal ID code to vehicle and other equipment registration bodies like VAS Ceļu satiksmes drošības direkcija and VAS Tehniskās uzraudzības aģentūra;
- your name, surname, personal ID code to insurance companies if you consented to receiving an insurance quote for the object subject to the lease;
- your name, surname, personal ID code and late payment details to the SIA CREFO, SIA Kredītinformācijas birojs, and Credit Register of the Bank of Latvia according to the rules of the Law for Protecting Customer Rights;
- information about you in the lease file to archiving and debt collection services provider;
- your contact information to communication and IT services providers for administering the lease.
If you do not repay a lease in accordance with the lease agreement terms, we will consider the need to involve experts to recover your debt. In this case, we will process your personal data to ensure our legitimate interest of getting the money back. If we decide to transfer your debt to a debt recovery service provider, we will give them your name, surname, all contact details, a copy of the lease agreement and any amendments thereto, and information about all previous payments.
5. How do we protect your information?
We deploy strict IT infrastructure use and access policies, which are based on the need-to-know and less-privileged access principles. We encrypt personal data, deploy firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems to ensure that all your personal data is confidential and safe. We regularly test our systems and review applicable policies to make sure that our IT safety measures are one step ahead of any threat.
6. What are your rights?
We process your data; therefore, you can find out what we do with it and how, and in some cases ask us to process it to a lesser extent. You can:
- receive your personal data that is in our possession, find out the purpose and basis of the data processing free of charge;
- refuse from receiving ads free of charge;
- change your contact information free of charge;
- submit current information about your income or expenses free of charge;
- ask us not to use certain information about you free of charge;
- retrieve information about yourself we process free of charge;
- delete your data on our database free of charge;
- explain a refusal to grant a lease.
SIA “UniCredit Leasing”, registered in the Republic of Latvia, address Mūkusalas street 41, Riga, LV-1004, Latvia, is responsible for processing your data. A certified personal data protection officer will answer all your questions regarding the use of your information by UniCredit Leasing. You can reach him by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please describe the problem in as much detail as possible. We will respond you within 30 days.
Our activities in the field of personal data protection are monitored by the Data State Inspectorate. Before you turn to the inspectorate for advice or with a complaint, we encourage you to contact our personal data protection specialist to ensure your request is addressed as quickly as possible.